Mehedinti, Eselnita Mehedinti, Eselnita Hoteluri
Key features of the resort
Steaua Dunarii** pension is situated in a picturesque natural setting on the banks of the Danube. It has been inaugurated, for Romanian and foreign tourists, in 2001 and since then till now it has... More details
Description of the destination Eselnita
Eselnita (called until 1966 Ieselnita) is a village in Banat, located in the western area of Mehedinti County, on DN 57 national road. The village is bordered on the east side by Orsova city, being situated on the Danube banks, at 7 km upstream of Orsova, at the confluence with the river of the same name, in the foothills of Almaj Mountains.
The village was documentary attested for the first time in 1488. And until 1966 the village was named Ieselnita.
The locality was a border village in Orsova area, Caras-Severin County (1872-1950); later the village belonged to Ogradena commune (1951-1964) and it was subordinated to Orsova city (1965-1968).
The current settlement was built between 1967-1970, the old hearth of the settlement being under the accumulation lake of Iron Gates I (Portile de Fier I).
*information on units of accommodation presented on www.cazari.ro are verified and respect Romanian tourism standards
*reservations are guaranteed by reservation confirmations and by contracts with hotels management
*prices are lower or equal to rack rates and are applicable only for reservations made through www.cazari.ro
*for reservations made directly at the reception of units of accommodation presented on this site we strongly recommend to check the prices, as there may be significant differences, for witch we assume no responsibility
- Satu Mare
Easy and fast to find a destination by writing down only first letters
Find your destination by selecting at leas one of below options:
- We offer to you 844 units of accommodation, from which:
- 382 Hotel.
- 399 Vila/pension.
- 49 Villa for rent.
- 14 Apartment.
- We offer to you 254 destinations, from which:
- 1. Mountain resort: 44 destinations
- 2. Ski resort: 27 destinations
- 3. Sea resort: 16 destinations
- 4. Danube Delta: 13 destinations
- 5. Balneo-climateric: 31 destinations
- 6. Historical and medieval sites : 63 destinations
- 7. Monasteries/ areas of religious pilgrimage: 43 destinations
- 8. Rural/traditional areas: 82 destinations
- 9. Outstanding natural attractions: 98 destinations
- 10. Main cities: 25 destinations
- 11. Bucharest: 1 destinations
- 12. Airport: 13 destinations
- 13. Seaport: 6 destinations